Is your baby’s sleeplessness giving you sleepless nights? Are you at your wit’s end due to a lack of sleep? Don’t panic. There are things you can do to help your toddler or baby get to sleep early or on time!
If it is an early, or stress-free night that you want, then you could help yourself out by using an awesome baby night light projector with music to help soothe your little one!
Here are my top 5 night light projectors with soothing musical options…
Best Night Light Projector with Music Comparison
|# of Songs||Auto Timer||Rating|
|SOAIY Aurora Projector Night Lamp||12 |
|TOTOBAY Ocean Wave Projector||Nature & customizable playlist||Yes||3.7|
|Moredig Baby Projector||Customizable playlist||Yes||4.1|
|AnanBros Remote Baby Night Light||12 preinstalled & customizable playlist||Yes||4.2|
|Delicacy Ocean Wave Projector||Nature & customizable playlist||Yes||4.0|
Best Night Light Projector with Music Review
SOAIY’s night light projector with music has a little bit of everything that’s good: a relaxing Borealis/nebular pattern, ambient LED lights, music, timer, remote control and basically everything that you would expect in a good night light projector for toddlers.
When you cover the dome you get the Borealis/nebular pattern. When you remove the cover you get a brighter LED color that you can use as a substitute for the ordinary light. Both options will keep your baby’s eyes transfixed on the ceiling.
Best Features of the SOAIY Aurora Projector Night Lamp
- Cool light pattern: this is what your child will like the most. Instead of some random colors, this projector displays Borealis and nebular-like patterns. Imagine looking at the aurora borealis on a dark night in the Antarctic sky or observing the stunning nebular cloud using a really powerful telescope! This right here is the closest thing to those two. And when your little one seems tired of marveling at them you can switch the mode to a warm LED color.
- Adjustable angle: instead of projecting patterns in only one direction, this lamp rotates through 45 degrees to ensure that the pattern moves to various positions on the wall and ceiling. That’s top-notch entertainment for any toddler.
- Customizable music: while it doesn’t have built-in songs, you can create your own playlist on a phone, iPod or any other MP3 player and plug the device to this lamp. That’s an opportunity to play your child’s favorite lullabies.
- Remote control: when the child finally goes to sleep, you can use the lamp’s remote control to switch it off, reduce the volume, change the light and what-have-you. Besides, the remote allows you to set the timer in case you want the lamp to switch off automatically after 1, 2 or 4 hours.
- You can only set the timer using the remote control. If the remote fails it means you won’t be able to use the timer either.
Contrary to the Moredig Baby Projector which only has built-in songs, the TOTOBAY Ocean Wave projector allows you to create your own playlist in addition to the 4 hypnosis sounds that are built in the device. You can hook it to your phone, MP3 player or computer to play music, or you can load the songs on a memory card and insert it in the projector.
Look at it this way: you can create a playlist with your child’s favorite songs!
That alone is reason enough to call it one of the best night light projectors with music. But it offers plenty more, including several projection patters, LED lights and easy controls.
Best Features of the TOTOBAY Ocean Wave Projector
- 19 color modes: the Ocean Wave projector offers an abundant number of color modes. There are 7 seaside patterns and an additional 12 LED lights. If you want to create a sea-like ambiance you can choose from the 7 ocean wave options and let the projector rotate (rotates through 45 degrees). Alternatively, you can pick a warm LED light to get your little one in the mood for sleep.
- Built-in sounds: we’ve mentioned that you can hook an external player like a phone to this projector and play your child’s favorite lullabies. The other alternative is playing the 4 hypnosis sounds that come with the projector. From seagull sounds in the ocean to insect sounds in the forest, bird sounds along a river and merry nature sounds – the choice is yours (and your child’s).
- Remote control: this is a convenience that you don’t want to miss out on. Feeling too tired to make the walk to the projector? Switch it off with remote control. You can also use the remote to adjust volume, change the light mode, choose an LED light and so on.
- Timer: if you need the device to shut itself off you can set a timer for that. There are 4 timer settings: 1 hour, 2 hours and 4 hours.
- Makes some slight noise when rotating even when the music is turned off. However, it’s not so much noise to deny your baby sleep.
If you’re looking for the most well-rounded night light projector with music, then this is it. In addition to calming songs, the Moredig Baby Projector offers tons of options when it comes to lighting. You can either choose a warm and sleep-inviting LED light or project a pattern on the ceiling.
Regardless of your pick, you’ll be glad to know that there’s a built-in timer for anywhere between 5 and 500 minutes. If you don’t want it to run the whole night you can set the timer so that the unit shuts off automatically.
Best Features of the Moredig Baby Projector
- Three lighting modes: you can choose between a starry night, animal kingdom and warm LED light. The first two options project a pattern on the ceiling (stars or sea animals). LED lights, on the other hand, create a sleep-inviting ambiance. There are 4 color options for LED lights, namely warm, red, blue and green. You can change the brightness level of each light.
- 360-degree rotation: the Moredig Baby Projector is not one of those projectors that just stay there. It rotates through 360 degrees to project the pattern on different parts of the room. That’s one of the ways through which it grabs the baby’s attention and keeps him/her from crying.
- Soothing songs: the 12 carefully selected songs are relaxing and soothing. You’ll be amazed at how fast they can make a baby (and even you) go to sleep. Simply press the music button and a tune will play. You can adjust the volume to a level that’s comfortable for your little one.
- Remote control: this is important because there are times when you want to change the pattern, start/stop the music or turn off the projector altogether without having to get out of bed.
- The remote only works over a 5-meter distance. It might not be so helpful if your toddler’s room is far from yours.
Think your little one is an up and coming astronomer? There’s barely a better way to acknowledge that interest than gifting him/her with this night light projector with the capability of playing music.
It displays an awesome night sky complete with the moon and vibrantly colored stars.
The 12 relaxing lullabies that come with the lamp will put your little astronomer to sleep before he/she can count the stars. They are loaded in a 128MB memory card which you can take out and customize the playlist to suit your baby’s interest in music.
Best Features of the AnanBros Remote Baby Night Light
- 360-degree rotation: the moon and stars rotate through 360 degrees to give a factual representation of the night sky. It barely makes any noise while rotating. Also, you can stop the rotation at any time. It’s possible to have the lights on and the rotation turned off. There are some night lamps that don’t have such a setting.
- 9 different colors: in addition to the beautiful night sky pattern, the AnanBros Remote Baby Night Light has 9 different LED lights that include red, blue, green and white. They are perfect if you want to create a warm and sleep-welcoming ambient in your baby’s room.
- Remote control: this is a given for any good night light projector with music, but a point worth mentioning nonetheless. The remote works over a distance of 32 feet and controls almost all the functions, including the timer (yes, there’s a timer with 5 to 999 minutes), volume and ON/OFF switch.
- 2 power options: you can choose to power the AnanBros lamp with a USB cord or with 4 AAA batteries.
- You can’t change the rotation speed on this night lamp. That may be a bummer if you want it to go slower or faster. Other than that, the device is perfect in so many ways.
The Delicacy Ocean Wave Projector is a lot like the TOTOBAY (check #2 above). They both have an ocean wave lighting pattern, LED lights, built-in hypnotic music, customizable playlist, timer, remote and even fall in the same price range.
As a matter of fact, if you’re not feeling so thrilled about the TOTOBAY lamp you can go with this one as a substitute. So what does it bring to the table?
Best Features of the Delicacy Ocean Wave Projector
- Ocean wave lighting: there’s something about ocean wave projector lamps that makes them irresistibly cool. Not sure if it’s their bluish light or the underwater pattern they create in a room. Either way, this particular model will create that blue, relaxing ambiance in your toddler’s room.
- 7 different lights: the color blue is always nice in a child’s room. But every once in a while you may feel the need to mix things up a little. Luckily, the Delicacy Ocean Wave Projector allows you to choose from 7 different colors, including purple and green. In addition to that, you can set it to LED mode. In that case, your color options shoot up to 12.
- Customizable music: it has a built-in speaker for playing mellow music as your little one enjoys his/her much-needed rest. The lamp takes a TF card which you can load with your toddler’s favorite lullabies. Alternatively, you can hook up your iPhone, iPod, MP3 player or laptop (even PC or Mac) to the lamp and play music straight from the device.
- 45-degree rotation: the lamp rotates through 45-degrees. You can turn off rotation using the remote control that’s included in the package. Speaking of which, the remote control also allows you to turn the lamp on or off, change lighting colors and modes, set the timer and adjust the music’s volume.
- It doesn’t have wireless connectivity like Bluetooth or Wi-Fi. You have to use a cord every time you hook up to a smartphone, iPod or any other device. That, however, shouldn’t be a big bummer seeing as most of these lamps don’t support wireless connections.
Projectors With Music – Do They Work?
The relationship between babies and sleep is, um, let’s call it complicated.
There are days when your little one will be out like a light and there are days when he/she will have trouble getting to sleep. The latter case is the more problematic one.
Babies need good quality sleep for proper mental and physical development. Not to go into details but if your toddler doesn’t get enough sleep, he/she will be at a higher risk of developing diabetes and being overweight. He/she may also have learning and attention problems.
Those are all things that you want to avoid at all costs. How? By putting a night light projector with music in your little one’s room. These soothing sleep aids not only calm your baby to sleep but also grab and hold their attention when they wake up at night. That prevents them from crying and ultimately sends them back to sleep. Besides, the soft light that they produce will make it unnecessary for you to switch on the bright light when you go to check on the baby.
Long story short, a light projector is a must-have.
See how simple it is to get your little one to sleep? All you need is a night light projector with music. And the best part is that all these lamps are pretty affordable.
Need a more specific recommendation? How about one ocean wave lamp (TOTOBAY Ocean Wave Projector or Delicacy Ocean Wave Projector), a one-night sky lamp (SOAIY Aurora Projector or AnanBros Remote Baby Night Light) and the Moredig Baby Projector because it provides more options when it comes to projected patterns.