Kids also need to know how to drive. But obviously, you can’t put your toddler behind the wheel; unless, of course, it’s one of the most awesome toys with steering wheel for toddlers!
In which case you can never buy enough of those, and there’s every possibility that your car-crazy child will love every single one of them (it is also worth checking out these garage toys for toddlers).
Table of Contents
- Why Steering Wheel Toys Are Awesome For Toddlers
- 6 Best Toys With Steering Wheels For Toddlers
- Which Steering Wheel Toy Should You Choose For Your Toddler?
Why Steering Wheel Toys Are Awesome For Toddlers
Toys with steering wheels for toddlers are great for play, but more importantly, they help with the development process. Every time the child manipulates something on the steering wheel and sees the car reacting, he/she learns the concept of cause and effect. Turn the wheel and the car will turn, press the tiny horn and there will be a honking sound. What a child is learning is that actions come with reactions.
And not just that. Simulated driving is great for a toddler’s concentration and imagination. As your little one gets carried away in that imaginary world, he/she will find him/herself focusing on the visual (like looking at the road ahead), actionable (like turning the steering wheel) and auditory (like hearing the horn) aspects of the play.
That develops motor skills and coordination from a very young age.
Besides, turning a toy steering wheel is in itself a physical activity. It helps the child’s muscles to develop and bones to strengthen. If it’s a ride-on car then the child will be using almost every muscle in his/her body to power it.
Not many exercises come close to that.
So, if you can find a toy that combines exercising with motor control you will help your child to develop in a healthy way. In light of that, we have taken the liberty to review the best toys with steering wheels for toddlers.
Let’s dig in, shall we?
6 Best Toys With Steering Wheels For Toddlers
Not only is this an awesome toddler toy with a steering wheel, but it also gives your toddler a complete role-playing opportunity!
Kicking off the review is this awesome food truck for toddlers. The two-sided toy has a truck dashboard on one side and several culinary playthings on the other side. There’s no actual driving involved but the dashboard side features a steering wheel, gear shifter, and clicker key.
It’s pretty realistic and great for your toddler’s imagination, just as the counter side is.
The latter has a food prep area that’s fitted with a light-up grill, “full” cash register with 4 menu cards, a wash-up sink, and a service bell. Just below the counter, on the outside, is a recycle bin. In total, your Toddler gets over 20 removable pieces to play with.
And that’s not even the most fun part! The cash register reads out all the menu cards while the tiny stereo system plays over 125 songs and sounds. To put it simply, this truck provides hundreds, if not thousands, of learning opportunities for kids.
From singing to culinary skills, interactive play, hygiene lessons, and so much more, the Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Servin’ Up Fun Food Truck has them all. That’s why it gets a spot among the best toys with steering wheels for toddlers.
How the Fisher-Price Food Truck Enhances Toddler Development
- The realistic truck side will help your baby understand the basics of driving and road etiquette as the food prep area teaches him/her something about being a chef.
- Built-in songs, tunes, and phrases are great for a child’s academics. They focus on counting and sizing.
- Promotes interactive play. At least 3 kids can use this toy at once, with one of them being the chef, another one taking the driver’s position and the third kid as the food buyer.
- If they are many, toddlers will learn to take turns and in the process acquire the skill of patience. It can be used by kids of crawling age all through 11 years, so don’t be afraid to let them explore this magical truck.
My Son had this Likkle Tikes car as a toddler, and he still plays with it now!
A toy car is nice, but a smiling toy car is even better for a toddler. And that’s exactly what your child will get in the Little Tikes Cozy Coupe – a colorful, smiling ride-on coupe. It’s not just a likable and amusing toy, it’s also quite realistic. It has four wheels and a steering wheel, complete with a working horn.
The clicking ignition switch is bound to make your child feel like he/she has started a real car. At the back is a small gas cap that opens and closes, so don’t be shocked when your baby pulls up next to you at the gas station!
Of course, they won’t, but what they can do is ride the toy.
Its removable floor cover enables your child to power the toy car with his/her feet.
Steering isn’t hard since the front wheels can turn through 360 degrees. When your toddler is tired, you can simply carry the whole car with them in it! There’s a sturdy grip at the top, fitted for that particular purpose.
How Little Tikes Cozy Coupe Enhances Toddler Development
- Provides physical exercise, muscle development, and bone-strengthening when the child powers the car him/herself
- A nice educational tool for young drivers. They can know all the basics of driving, from starting a car to fuelling and a lot more
- Requires assembly. Doing this with your child’s help will teach them how to build things.
- Encourages role-play and imaginative play, both of which are great for mastering social and communication skills.
Geared towards younger toddlers, this steering wheel is fun and educational!
How about getting your toddler a colorful toy that’s rich in visual and academic features? That’s what My Spin & Learn Steering Wheel from Beat Learning brings to the table. The circular steering wheel has three modes.
First, there is the color mode with white, red, blue, yellow, and purple. When this mode is active the LEDs will come on, highlighting the colors for the child to see. The second mode involves shapes. Here your kid will learn to identify a triangle, square, pentagon, star, and circle. Again, LEDs light up to highlight the shape for your child to take note.
This is also one of the portable toys with steering wheels for toddlers on this page.
The final mode teaches feelings.
Your toddler can learn joy, surprise, anger, fear, and sadness. You guessed it right, LEDs light up to highlight each feeling.
The best part of this learning wheel is the songs, sentences, and phrases. Whenever a color, shape, or feeling is highlighted in LED the toy plays an accompanying song, sentence, or word to teach the child what he/she is looking at. In other words, it triggers both the visual and auditory senses of your child. Not only is it one of the top toys with steering wheels for toddlers, but it will teach your toddler more too!
How cool is that?
That alone puts this wheel up there among the best toys with steering wheels for toddlers.
How the Best Learning Wheel Enhances Toddler Development
- Teaches kids to identify basic shapes, colors, and feelings.
- Accompanying songs are great for a child’s vocal and vocabulary development.
- It’s an engaging toy that can teach your toddler how to concentrate.
- There are buttons that change the mode when pressed. More importantly, they trigger a baby’s curiosity as he/she tries to find out when will happen when a button is pressed
- It’s a wheel, so there’s the driving aspect of this toy.
This is one of the classic toys with steering wheels for toddlers! It doesn’t have to be Disney themed, but any toy like this will be played with for hours!
Who wouldn’t want a piece of Mickey’s positive vibes? He has a way of putting a smile on kids’ faces with his hilarious voice and sparks of light. No wonder toddlers get excited at the sight of a Mickey Mouse ice cream bar or a Mickey-themed park.
Well, those are two ways of getting your baby a piece of Mickey and Friends; if you want to do it once or twice a year! The other way, the better way, is by getting a Mickey and Friends Activity Pinball Ride On. This nicely decorated ride-on toy has Mickey, Minnie, Pluto and all the beloved characters from the show.
It has activity buttons that play Mickey’s favorite tunes, giving your toddler time to enjoy the music and learn the words as well.
A turn-able knob spins colors and blinks signal lights just like in real cars. It comes complete with a tiny ignition key and gear that revs the engine to produce an engine sound.
Long story short, this toy has an amazing ability to mimic real cars. That’s one of the reasons why it’s among the best toys with steering wheels for toddlers – because kids can learn about driving from a tender age.
How Mickey and Friends Enhances Toddler Development
- Mimics real cars, which makes it an amazing tool for driving lessons. You can teach road etiquette when your child is young.
- Has a peek-a-boo window for imaginative play, which is known to enhance social and communication skills.
- The included removable toy phone makes it even easier for a child to learn communication.
- Baby can sit and ride on or push the toy. Either way, it offers good exercise
Your toddler will love the realistic sound effects with this steering wheel toy!
Kids love to pretend play, and they find it more fun when the toy is realistic. Speaking of which, CASDON’s Sat Nav Steering Wheel is the closest substitute for an actual steering wheel. It’s a toy satellite navigator and steering wheel as well; a combination that makes it the perfect tool for toddler play, learning, and development.
If you are looking for toys with steering wheels for toddlers, then this budget friendly option is an awesome one!
The toy wheel is packed with several realistic features that include a revving engine, horn that honks, braking tool and something to imitate gear change.
So while your little one won’t be driving an actual car, he/she will get enough fun from pretending to. Indicators and flashing lights make it even more realistic, and you can use them to teach your child about traffic rules.
How CASDON Sat Nav Steering Wheel Enhances Toddler Development
- Motoring sounds and commands that interact with the wheel to help your child learn the basics of driving
- Flashing lights and indicators can teach your child a thing or two about traffic rules
- Based on an instructional play that teaches your child left and right directions
- Your toddler can develop hand-to-eye coordination by playing with the wheel
- Has spoken instructions which also help with your child’s hearing and vocabulary
This is an awesome steering wheel toy when your child is leaving the baby years and moving into toddler territory. Plus it gives them something to do on long journeys!
Are you the type of parent/guardian who enjoys the occasional drive with your little one? You can make the experience more fun for your toddler by adding the Taf Toys Infant and Baby Car Wheel Toy into the mix. The little steering attaches to the headrest of the seat in front and allows your toddler to imitate the driver’s actions.
In addition to a steering wheel, the toy has a gear lever. It makes sounds and produces light; both of which are very amusing to toddlers.
More importantly, they stimulate your baby’s senses while providing fun on the road.
How Taf Toys Car Wheel Toy Enhances Toddler Development
- Allows baby or toddler to play pretend by imitating the driver’s actions, therefore encouraging learning by imitation.
- By watching and imitating, the baby can develop motor skills and coordination.
- Sounds and lights help to develop baby’s visual and auditory senses
- Great tool for teaching a child cause and effect through imaginative play
Which Steering Wheel Toy Should You Choose For Your Toddler?
If you want a ride-on car that will give your baby all the exercises that he/she needs then Little Tikes Cozy Coupe makes the best pick. The Fisher-Price Food Truck, on the other hand, is perfect for gaining as many skills as possible – from culinary to driving skills and everything in-between.
Mickey and Friends is good for riding on, playing tunes and learning colors, which is also the case for Best Learning Wheel. The latter adds the benefit of learning about feelings as well.
CASDON Sat Nav Steering Wheel and Taf Toys Car Wheel are both excellent for teaching a toddler the basics of driving, traffic rules and how to treat other road users.
Ultimately, there are tone of toys with steering wheels for toddlers right here. All you need to do is choose one of them!
Each toy on this page is a fantastic option if you are after toys with steering wheels for toddlers!
Your toddler will love role-playing as a driver, and be just like you when you are driving… so make sure you don’t go cursing at other drivers because they will copy you as they play!
In other words, each of these toys with steering wheels brings something to the table. Feel free to grab whichever option is most suitable for your toddler.
Even better, two or three toys can make your little one happier while teaching him/her a lot more about driving and whatnot.